Talk To Me
So…if you could design the perfect blog–your favorite, the one you check in with everyday to see what’s new…what would it have?
~~Long, descriptive posts or short blurbs?
~~Posts everyday or every other or once a week or ??
~~Information or fluff?
~~Serious or funny?
~~Professional or personal?
~~Conservative or wacky?
Here’s my take on it…
- I come to the web primarily for information.
- I visit blogs for communication and information.
- I don’t mind long posts if they stay on topic and offer something valuable (information, a different point of view, etc.).
- I’m fine with short posts if they have substance. If there’s no substance and it’s just a “can’t-chat-now” blog, then I don’t think it’s worth posting.
- I don’t mind personal talk unless it’s about washing the car or walking the dog — that I don’t want to know about.
- I like blogs that offer something others don’t, either a unique point of view or information I don’t get elsewhere.
- Sometimes I choose to read a blog because I like the person who writes it–they’re warm, personable, responsive, and we have things in common.
- And I like blogs that are updated every day or every other day. Sometimes everyday is a bit too much and I feel like I’m always falling behind. But after a coupld days of nothing new, my return visits to that blog slow.
How about you?